Individual Counselling Therapy
We offer Flexible Therapy to Suit Your Life
- Telehealth appointments are also available, allowing you to have video appointments wherever or whenever suits you, such as at work on your lunch break or in the comfort of your own home/car.
- “Walk and Talk” sessions are available – so bring your sneakers and we will stroll the backstreets and get the endorphins flowing while we chat. This is great for people who feel uncomfortable or anxious at the thought of traditional face to face therapy.
- “Walk and Talk” sessions are excellent for new parents who are caring for a baby whilst undertaking therapy. Many parents bring baby in a pram or baby carrier or find a shady tree to sit underneath.
- For an additional fee, flexible arrangements can be made for therapy to occur in a place other than the consulting rooms, such as your home.
- BYOB – Bring Your Own Baby
- If you have a small/young child and need to bring them with you to therapy, you are more than welcome to do so. Access to mental health care is especially important for new parents. Depending on their age, we also provide baby toys, or for older children, access to Netflix/Disney Kids and noise cancelling headphones.
- Face to Face appointments are offered at “The Good Life Therapy” studio, located at 10/85 Riding Road, Hawthorne.
We can support you in a range of family issues including:
- Parenting children with anxiety/depression
- School bullying
- Behavioural problems/tantrums/parenting strategies
- Differing parenting styles around discipline etc.
We support couples/coparents
who are wanting to:
- Improve communication and improve relationship satisfaction
- Resolve conflict and reduce arguing
The most common reasons couples
seek counselling include:
- Reigniting “the spark” or improving the friendship
- Infidelity/trust issues
- Contemplating separation/divorce
- Arguing about money, division of labour, alcohol use etc.
- Blended families
- Differences in parenting style
- Making major life decisions such as moving
- Assistance with managing communication or boundaries in their extended family relationships, such as with an ex-partner or parents-in-law
Group Training and
Group Information Sessions are designed to provide a comprehensive snapshot on particular issues including but not limited to:
- Postpartum Mental Health/Maternal burnout
- Creating a Self Care Plan
- Managing exam stress
- Positive body image/self esteem
- Social media and bullying
- Responding to disclosures of Domestic Violence/Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse
Therapy needs to be flexible
and suit your lifestyle.
Therapy needs to be flexible and suit your lifestyle. The Good Life offers Telehealth Online Therapy appointments, allowing you to have video appointments on your lunch break or in the comfort of your own home/car.
Please note it is preferable that your initial session is face to face if possible. Flexible arrangements are always welcome.